Admission in Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya is made on the basis of a Selection Test, designed and conducted by the CBSE. The test is called the Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Selection Test (JNVST). It is of non-verbal nature, class-neutral and designed so as to ensure that talented children from rural areas are able to compete without facing any disadvantage. Special care is taken to ensure that children from far flung areas get admission forms free of cost, without any difficulty.
Eligibility Conditions for Candidates
- Only candidates from the district where the Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya has been opened are eligible to apply for admission
- Candidates appearing for the selection test must be studying in Class-V for the entire academic.
- A candidate seeking admission must be within the age group of 9 to 13 years.
- No candidate is eligible to appear in the JNV Selection Test for a second time, under any circumstances.
- Composition of the test and Marks
|Mental Ability||60 Minutes||50%||50|